Thursday, October 2, 2008

I welcomed heart of the Mediterranean

I think my best trip wasMalta, in my life. I went to Malta when I graduated from high school. Actually, I waited to go to Malta for five months. During these days, I really hated of my life in these days. Because I had nothing to do. I waited until sun shining. I was just playing games. I was really looking forward to go to Malta. Otherwise, I was going to eat my mind. Then I went to İstanbul to take my visa. I got it and I started to prepare my luggage. Finally, I flew to Malta in former summer. I got to Maltese Airport. There was a great deal of Turkish people. I really shocked. I understood exactly what Turks are everywhere mean. Officials started to check our passports. That was my turn. After that, I gave my documents. Of course, there was one file missing, which was, I have forgotten it in Turkey. I was in detention room for an hour. Polices started to ask me questions! I could not speak English very well. Surely, I could not answer the every single question. Then I filled out some kind of a form. They let me pass through MaltaJ. I collected my luggage. I wanted to set out from airport as soon as possible. However, one person stopped me. I did not want any more trouble. Then he asked me are you Yaya Musta? I answered that yes I am. I was frightened because I did not know who was him? Soon, he introduced himself. He was a driver who sent from my English school to airport. I calmed down. He came to take me to school. He asked that why you came so late? It was embarrassing. I was the last person in the airport. He took me from airport to school. Finally, I saw my school. My all troubles went away. I met with my teachers. My host mother came to school. I met with her as well. In the evening, I went to my host family's home with my host mother. After few days, I really became familiar with Malta. I really look up to my teachers and my host mother. I really get along with them very well. Especially I liked my core teacher so much. We still keep in touch. In addition, my schedule was in Malta, I often woke up at eight. I went to school between nine and three o'clock. After school, I looked around the Malta. I tried to learn what kind of country is.

My English School


Malta was real experience for me. Because I went there alone, I had to learn how to spend money. You have to control yourself alone et cetera. My memorable moment was about pennilessness in Malta. I had just three maltase lira for four days. It means I had to wait until my father sends to money. In this time, I decided to work in a job. I startedto look for a job. Finally, I found a job as a waiter. I waited on the tables but my salary was very good.By the way, my English was improving. I wanted to be part of University of Malta. For my goal, I had to take IELTS examination on 25th of August. Thanks God. I passed the exam with six. This time university accepted me as a student. Nevertheless, troubles never leave me alone. I had to get back to Turkey. Anyway, Malta was the most important time in my life.

University Of Malta

No comments: