Friday, October 3, 2008

My Place






























I went to Safranbolu on this Ramadan Bayram .(Safranbolu is in Karabük) My grandmother lives in this small town.She is alone,because my grandfather died three years ago.I did not want to think that she is alone in Ramadan Bayram.I thought she needs us.This was the first reason.But sure,I had another reasons too.
I love Safranbolu’s atmosphere a lot.Actually,I’m crazy about it.Safranbolu’s houses,mansions,streets,gardens,restaurants are impressing me everytime.Even I love the people in this town.They are friendly,talkative,sympathetic and very social.Maybe,one of my parts is affecting me too.My father was born and had grown in this small town.In this way,we(my parents and me)decided to go.We went by car and carried on driving four hours.We got to Safranbolu at 3 p.m.
My grandmother was very glad to see us.First day, we had a lot of time with her.We talked about everything.She told us what she was generally doing and she refused to live in İstanbul again.In fact,when I was a child I hadn’t understood why she did not want to live with us or my uncle.But now I can understand that.Safranbolu is her only place that she wants to live in.Anyway,,we had a good time.Second day was time to visit old people and neighbours.When we went to Fatma aunt’s house there was a great crowd.Her daughter,grandchildren,grandchildren’s parents were there.They invited
us for a barbecue party.Sure,we didn’t miss this chance.I had a great time with her grandchildren who is very friendly and talkative girls. During the dinner we talked and laughed a lot.However,the third day was my favourite.Third day, we went to my father’s uncle’s house which is a traditional Safranbolu house.I can’t explain its beauty with words.You should see it.There is a huge garden full of vineyards.The house’s door is the biggest and most interesting door I have ever seen.It is opening with a string from the stairs.Isn’t it very extraordinary?But the most glamorous thing is the ceiling in the livingroom.It is made of dark wood and there are wonderful processing on it.My uncle told me that their house is two hundred years old.Then,we began to tour the streets which is full of great cultural houses.I took lots of photographs.While we were walking,we felt the magic.We went to Safranbolu’s bazaars and Cinci Han(it is a kind of hotel now).I should explain it.Actually,I looked around that place in the bazaar.Cinci Han was one of the caravansarays on historical silk road laying from China to Anatolia.Now,it is a hotel but, you can visit it free.You can see the beautiful scenic from the Cinci Han’s top.Otherwise,we looked for chicken.I know it seems funny.But,my grandmother’s second chicken had died and there was only one chicken which is depressed because of loneliness in the coop.We tried to find a chicken seller but there was nobody because of the Ramadan Bayram.Then we got back house.Maybe,my grandmother will find it from a village.
We set out my grandmother’s house at 11p.m.I had fun.I usually go to Safranbolu on holidays.However,I found myself again.This is a very strange emotion.I know well,Safranbolu isn’t just a small town for me.It is my place...

No comments: