Monday, October 6, 2008


MY PARENTS’ COUNTRY
As I told you before my parents are from Yugoslavia. That year I had a chanceto visit the lands which they lived. I was wondering about that country. I went there in summer, 2004. We still have relatives, living there. Before I went to Bosnia, I had been in Sjenica for a week. Sjenica is a town in Serbia. Young generation works at the foreign countries, they prefer to come there on holidays. That’s why population is old. The environment was good, because it was summer there were a lot of people from different countries. Therefore I made a lot of friends . Sjenica is a strategic place that the muslims and serbians live together. Sjenica is a very small town. There is just a main street which was not allowed the traffic at nights. That was nice to young people, they met there. Because of that everybody knows each other. In this street there are some cafes and restaurants. One night we decided to go karaoke party . Evertbody sang songs with a terrible voice. Actually not everybody but most of them.

After a week I went to Bosnia. I have been in Sarejevo for a week. Sarajevo is the capital city of Bosnia. It carries a lot of signs from Ottoman Impire. Sometimes I felt like in Turkey. There were lots of historical places. I tried to visit most of them. Mostar bridge which is famous all over the world is there . Mostar bridge was distroyed by croatians an it was fixed by Turkish architects. It was magnificent. There is a grand bazaar which called “Baş Çarşı”. This word is turkish. Baş çarşı like kapalı çarşı. There are historical stores and I enjoyed taking a walk in there, I bought some gifts to my family. When you pass away baş çarşı there is a huge square. You can go shopping there or have dinner. With my cousins, we ate dinner there couples days. There were lots of thing to do. That was really weird for me that people didn’t go out on Sunday. They had a rest on Sunday. The other days that squre is full. In Turkey it is opposite. In this square there was a big church but I did not visit it because it was closed.
One of the place which you have to see is “vrela bosna”. It is a bautiful park which include a river in it. There are restaurants in there or you can have a picnic, berbacue. We took photos near the river with swans and we fed them. That trip was diductic for me. I enjoyed seeing the country that my parents were born. I can say that in this trip I learnt lots of things about my family and their country.

No comments: